• 1 lb hot sausage or mild if you don't like spicy
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 onion, diced
• 4 potatoes, diced (I use Yukon Gold)
• 1 clove garlic, diced
• A few dashes of Chipotle Tabasco Sauce (I didn't use this ingredient)
• 4 cups fresh corn (About 1 1/2 quarts frozen fresh)
• 1 can diced green chilies (optional)
• 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
• 1 cup heavy whipping cream
• salt and pepper, to taste
*Substitutes - I used red chili peppers for the green and used fresh corn off the cob from my freezer.
1. Slice corn kernels off cob.
2. Brown sausage over medium heat and drain off grease.
3. In a large pot, over medium heat, drizzle a few tablespoons of EVOO. Throw in diced onion, garlic and potatoes.
4. Add butter and melt. Add chilies and corn. Pour in chicken broth and cream. Add salt, pepper and sausage. Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
5. Simmer for 30 minutes and serve.
This is a hearty dish, as you can see I can only eat half a bowl. I serve with a side salad & homemade rolls.