Experiencing The Empty Nest Sydrome? Are you feeling blue, you don't know what to do with the extra time, the house is too quiet, you open their bedroom doors and there's no one there? Cheer Up! There is life after raising your children and here are a few tips that will help you move forward with your life:
- Enroll in an adult education class or take a few classes at your local college.
- Make dates with your husband or significant other. If you're not involved join a singles group.
- Get a new hair cut or style.
- If your child has moved permanently, utilize the extra space. Turn their room into an office, den or work area for your crafts.
- Start the business that you always wanted, but could never find the time to devote to it.
- Indulge in your favorite hobbies.
- Make a trip to the local animal shelter and pick out a furry friend.
- Start a book club with family and friends and host regular meetings.
- Eat out as often as you like.
- Start those home improvements that you wanted, but couldn't afford.
- Plan week-end get aways.
- Start scrapbooks for each of your children.
Take one step at a time, and you'll move forward to the next phase of your life. There is life after the children, and be assured you will learn to enjoy it.